Bullets acquired using BULLETTRAX are viewed as a continuous wraparound image that is always in focus. The flattened image strip can be viewed in 2D, 3D, or a mix of both. This overall view provides a useful perspective for performing high-level phase alignment before comparing the finer markings, and it also simplifies the comparison of damaged bullets. Additionally, the combination of the enhanced surface markings and the realistic shape simultaneously makes it easier to locate and emphasize significant markings, such as those on the bearing surface of polygonal and smooth bore bullets.
Cartridge cases acquired using BRASSTRAX are viewed based on multiple regions of interest in 2D, 3D, or a mix of both. One or more of these regions can hold the key to finding a match. The 3D information provides remarkable advantages for the comparison of cartridge cases.
New comparison and viewing capabilities are continuously being added to increased effectiveness, and contribute to scientific progress.
- Cartridge case side-by-side viewer
- Cartridge Case MultiViewer
- 3D enhancements
- Independent regions of interest
- Bullet side-by-side viewer
- Bullet MultiViewer
- Bullet shape viewing
- Cross-section profiles
- Score analysis
- Reports and printouts
- “Reshaping” of a deformed bullet to more closely resemble a pristine reference bullet
- Printouts of information screens, viewer screens, and images
- Reports with generic and custom templates
- Variety of output formats
- Generate manual correlation requests
- Search and view case and exhibit information